Sunday, August 28, 2011

Posted by KANIKA CHANDOLIA On 2:34 PM

 

After watching all the films nominated for the Oscars 2011, I felt the urge to draw some realistic pictures of my favorite movies. One of them was Black Swan, an intriguing and psychotic work of art. The Oscar-winning performance of Natalie Portman is beyond words. Natalie Portman was so impressive in Black Swan that I simply had to draw her 

To start with this drawing I simply referred the two most common promotional pictures of this film - One for the white swan(http://www.impawards.com/2010/posters/black_swan_ver7.jpg) and second for the black swan(http://www.monsterchildren.com/assets/Uploads/_resampled/SetWidth491-Black-Swan-natalie-portman-17392128-2560-1707.jpg).

I started with the white swan first then background and ended up while making black swan. I'm happy with the picture because it gives a great contrast between the dark and light areas.

Initially I thought this would take me merely a day or two but I ended up drawing for about 15 hours. At least now I'm pleased with the result. But camera screwed the white swan colors and for that I am not at all happy.

I used pencil colors to portray white swan and graphite to make background and black swan.
Hope you like it :)











0 comments: