Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Posted by KANIKA CHANDOLIA On 1:47 AM



well, there is nothing much to say about it. I made this just to practice with my charcoal material. As I never used it, I didn't know much about how the shadings and blending of charcoal works. So to start with I referred a very easy picture from internet in which I don't have to make much of the anatomy and I can try shading hairs and eyes to know how to use charcoal.

I had a mixed experience of using charcoal. When I put the first stroke, it was very hard to handle it(soft or hard) but after learning its know how it became very easy to use it.

Firstly, I love the texture of charcoal more than graphite and secondly I love the deep rich blacks that I can get with charcoal.
On the other hand, it’s very messy to work with, but two towels, one wet to clean my fingers with and one dry to dry them off with really helps keep the mess under control.









0 comments: